Hey Actors- you have questions, we have answers!!|
Learn to use the rules of filmmaking to your advantage through 4 seminars covering:
Seminar 1: Casting- You're not right for THIS part, BUT...
- Ben Begley, who has been in over 2 dozen national commercials and TV shows including NCIS: LA, 90210, Franklin and Bash, and Happy Endings, will help you through the art of auditioning with mock auditions on tape and real-time feedback.
- In this seminar, you will learn the basics of auditioning, what casting directors are looking for now, and in the future, tips for improving your audition, and how social skills are a key part of the process. You will get to participate in a mock audition within a positive and friendly environment where your success is our priority!
Seminar 2: Your First Day on Set- you got the part, now what?
- Michelle Gritzer, an Assistant Director whose credits include House, Knight Rider, Big Love, and Breaking In, will give you a play by play of your first day on a real set. You will learn the ins and outs of a film set, all about paperwork, and which union rules matter to you.
- You will also get copies of important set paperwork, tips for getting into the union, and an opportunity to ask questions about working on a real set. No questions will go unanswered!
Seminar 3: Who is Mark, and why do they keep calling him?
- Dan Urbain, cameraman with over 20 years of on set experience, teaches you how understanding marks, eye-lines, and the camera helps capture and deliver your performance.
- In this seminar, you will learn an aspect of acting that is not often taught-- the practical and technical side of acting for the camera, and how the decisions you make during shooting have a ripple effect around the set. Learn why a director might tell you to move in one direction versus another, why the cinematographer will sometimes ask you to change your off camera performance, why props and set decorations may disappear in some shots, and much more. Understanding the process of filmmaking will help you learn skills that have taken seasoned pros years of work to acquire, and keep you in control of your performance.
Seminar 4: Managers, Agents, and Contracts- oh my!
- Panel discussion with managers whose clients have booked shows on ABC, CBS, Disney, Nickelodeon, and Lifetime, as well as national commercials and pilots.
- This is a chance to learn everything you've ever wanted to know, but never had an opportunity to ask. How do I get a manager? What do you do exactly? You have a question, it will be answered by the panel!
The Sherry Theater (View)
11052 Magnolia Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91601
|Minimum Age: 13|
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|