Families for Homeless Families Walk
Welcome to Our House. Homeless families are our community. They are our sisters, borthers, cousins and neighbord. Please join the Our House Campaign of the Interfaith Coalition to keep our families together.
The 2013 Families for Homeless Families Walk was created to raise awareness in the families of our community that there are homeless families among us with young children that fight every day to stay together, and need the help and support of the stable and thriving families of our communtiy to do it.
Eight of the nine Interfaith Coalition homes are in Bellingham. One is in Ferndale. In the 2010-2011 school year, north county schools reported 330 homeless students, a one-year increase of 45 children. The Interfaith Coalition is stepping up to that need by adding two homes to our single family house in Ferndale.
our House will allow three families at any one time to have a place to call home while they move towards self-sufficiency.
- Two homes will provide short-term housing to families in crisis.
- One home will be rented at a reduced cost to a family needing additional time and support to get back on their feet.
- The Opportunity Council will provide weekly case management, helping families rebound from the instability of homelessness.
- The residences will be fully furnished with the appliances and goods that make a house a home.
- It will be easier for children to stay in north county schools and avoid the trauma of changing schools during an already stressful time.
Fairhaven Village Green (View)
11th and Harris
Bellingham, WA 98226
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|