TumbleMe presents NEW WORK from Shenandoah Davis, Jody Kuehner, Okanomode, Elaina M. Ellis
*TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR ALSO, 7:30PM*
ANNOUNCING: new work from Shenandoah Davis, Jody Kuehner, Okanomode, Elaina M. Ellis MARCH 16th, 2013.
Call it the sticky mystery of something out of nothing, call it the wild despair of a blank slate, call it falling in love anyway. NEW is an evening in celebration of the creative process.
Here's what we're going to do:
1. Starting February 1st, 2013, four Seattle artists will have six weeks to create a new body of work.
2. Songstress Shenandoah Davis, dancer Jody Kuehner, performer Okanomode, and poet Elaina M. Ellis will work independently and collaboratively to put a show together with no guiding theme except for the question, "where does one start when one could start anywhere?" and maybe the occasional, "why did I say I would do this, again?"
3. On Saturday, March 16th, one day after the six week deadline, we will reveal our newest and nakedest artworks for you.
4. In case this sounds not-quite-intimate-or-risky-enough for your taste, there's more: each artist will share the story of how the art was made, calling our pitfalls and muses by name.
5. Bring your sketchbook, your writer's block, and your ticking heart; at the core of this is our invitation to you to make something NEW, too.
Fremont Abbey Arts Center
4272 Fremont Ave North
Seattle, WA 98103
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|