On the 2nd night of Hanukkah the community will get together to light candles, sing Hanukkah songs and enjoy performances by Nigunim Community Chorus, Veretski Pass Klezmer Trio, Yiddish Singer Diane Wirtschafter and the Adama Duo. The evening will end with all musicians get together for a grand finalé of dance led by Bruce Bierman. Traditional Hanukkah food will be sold. All ages invited.|
NIGUNM COMMUNITY CHORUS
- has been around for over 15 years, singing joyfully in Hebrew, Yiddish, Ladino and English, under the direction of Achi Ben Shalom. To find out how to join the group contact email@example.com.
- Taking its name from the mountain pass through which Magyar tribes crossed into the Carpathian basin to settle what later became the Austro - Hungarian Empire, Veretski Pass offers a unique and exciting combination of virtuosic musicianship and raw energy that has excited concert-goers across the world.
DIANE SCHON WIRTSCHAFTER
- gives voice to the living tradition of Yiddish song. Raised by a father who led bands in the Borscht Belt back in the day, she began performing in Yiddish after studying in the KlezKamp in New York in the early years of the klezmer revival. With a rich, warm alto voice and a joyous, heartfelt style, Diane is often accompanied by her husband Josh on violin and mandolin.
- consists of singer/guitarist Achi Ben Shalom and percussionist Jan Padover. The two have been performing together for over 25 years. The duo specializes in early Israeli music and folk dance tunes.
- is the artistic director of the Jewish Dance Theatre. He is an award-winning actor, director, choreographer and playwright with dance residencies currently through-out the Bay Area. His studies have taken him to New York, Poland and Israel where he recently completed the Karmiel Course for Foreign Dance Teachers under the guidance of Dani Ben Shalom.
JCC East Bay (View)
1414 Walnut St.
Berkeley, CA 94709
|Minimum Age: 3|
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|