Join us to celebrate RootDown's 10th YEAR and the launch of our FIRST URBAN FARM!|
Since 2007, we have been training teens in South Los Angeles to grow, cook, promote the health benefits of, and now SELL their own produce through our Youth-driven Neighborhood Food Systems - and our supply just got a big boost:
Nuevo South, our headquarter site, has been transformed from a veggie-filled back yard to a Micro-Farm, complete with our FarmPOD Prototype - so bring the family and don't dress too fancy, it's time to RAISE THE FARM!
- Tour RootDown's new FarmPOD and Micro-Farm
- Join in some crafty farm activities
- Enjoy a mezcal tasting with Susan Coss, founder of mezcalistas.com
- Listen to sounds of La Victoria's unique LA take on mariachi!
- Hear the youth tell stories of our challenges, solutions, and successes
- Sip cocktails & save room for a delicious, plant-based dinner featuring RootDown
produce, lovingly cooked by the famous Jenniecooks.com catering team - YUM!!
If you can't come, PLEASE consider buying a $40 "Sprouts" ticket for RDLA neighbors/non-profit workers/educators who may not as easily afford a ticket.
There will be opportunities to volunteer in lieu of a paid ticket.
Contact email@example.com to find out more.
For any questions about the event, in-kind donations and special sponsorship opportunities please contact Megan Hanson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info, find us on Facebook or visit our website: www.rootdownla.org
Nuevo South (View)
180 East 35th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90011
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|