Willy Wonka and the Burlesque Factory
WILLY WONKA AND THE BURLESQUE FACTORY
Bucket v. Wonka
Twenty-five years after Charlie wins the Wonka Factory in a contest that was questionably legal and definitely unsanitary, he finds himself in his mid-thirties, with failing health, hopelessly unfulfilled, and just a little homicidal.
When the town Department of Health conducts a surprise inspection of the factory, health and safety violations rack up, labor laws are egregiously called into question, and our intrepid Charlie has to face the possibility of losing everything he's worked for. Increasingly angry, alienated, and saddled with a responsibility he never asked for, he turns to the legal system for help and sues Willy Wonka, now the Chairman Emeritus of Wonka Corp., for dereliction of duty and honestly - just being kind of a dick.
Charlie reaches out to those he met during the filming of the contest's accompanying documentary, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and asks them to become supporting witnesses. Still reeling from their experiences in the Factory, they agree.
WITNESS AND EVIDENCE LIST
- Augustus Gloop, exercise fanatic
- Violet Beauregarde, a kind woman with a dark secret
- Veruca Salt, determined to work through her childhood behavior and experiences
- Mike Teevee, who, honestly, hasn't changed all that much, and loves the Second Amendment and watching the O'Reilly Factor
- Grandpa Joe, who has no time for your shit
- One of the last remaining Oompa Loompas
- A demonstration of Charlie's first dangerous, and nearly fatal experience in the Factory.
Whether you like the book, the Gene Wilder movie, or the Johnny Depp movie, we've got something weird here for you.
Cast: Ellie Quinn, Jim Dandy - Sideshow, Valarie Morgalis, Charlie Artful, Bianca DuPreé, Ginger Jameson
Doors at 8 PM; show at 9 PM.
Tickets: $12 advance, $15 day of, $22 VIP.
The Bier Baron (View)
1523 22nd st NW
Washington, DC 20037
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|