Oakland Rainwater Harvesting Homeowner Installation Class, Golden Gate Neighborhood
Hosted by Wholly H2O and Indra Designs with RWH System Component Support from Oakland Rain Barrel Program.
There are FREE rainwater harvesting cisterns from 65-605 gallons available through the Oakland Rain Barrel Program through Dec 2012. Cisterns are generally the most expensive part of a harvesting system. Take advantage of this truly amazing offer.
We will be installing three different rainwater harvesting (RWH) systems at this residential site during our four and a half hour class. Each system will use unique components in order to give the class participants the greatest breadth of knowledge on RWH options. We will also be installing design features such as rain chains and copper piping.
COVERED IN THIS CLASS
1. Water conservation and reuse - options, benefits
2. Rainwater Harvesting (RWH): Purpose, benefits, uses
3. Creating an irrigation water budget
4. Sizing a tank
5. Installing a tank (foundation and elevation)
6. Roof and gutter requirements
7. Installing a first flush diverter
8. Connecting downspouts to cisterns
10. Connecting tank to irrigation systems
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS
Oakland Home Owners
Oakland Business Owners
Venue in Golden Gate Neighborhood, North Oakland (View)
Class site address will be sent upon registration
Oakland, CA 94608