The New York State Chapter of HIMSS is sponsoring its first New York State Student Nursing Informatics Conference on Wednesday, December 19, 2012, at Molloy College. Co-sponsors include the New York University, Molloy College, and New York Hospital Queens.
Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 ***NEW DATE***
Time: 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Place: Molloy College, Hayes Auditorium, 30 Hempstead Avenue #243 Rockville Centre, NY 11570
Confirmed speakers are:
- Maricar Barrameda NP, MSN: "Career Development and the Role of Nursing Informatics in Health Care"
- Helen Figge, PharmD, MBA: "Developing Your Health IT Skill sets: Guidelines from a Seasoned Health IT Professional"
- Freida Pemberton, PHD, EDD, RN, BC-Informatics, Professor of Nursing, Molloy College; Alfredo L. Acosta, RN, Molloy College Graduate Nursing Informatics Student; Sonia Moise, RN, Molloy College Graduate Nursing Informatics Student; Cassandre Kernizan, Molloy College Undergraduate Nursing Student-Omicron Alpha Zeta Honor Society Member: "Tailored Patient-Centered Health Care Using Interactive Mobile Technology"
- MaryAnn Connor, MSN, RN, CPHIMS, NYU, College of Nursing, Director, Nursing Informatics, MSKCC (together with NYU Nursing Informatics students): "Nursing Informatics: Using Technology to Support Advanced Nursing Practice"
The event will be focused on Career Development and Patient-Centered Nursing Informatics.
- Current research on the use of patient-centered informatics
- The application technologies designed to enhance patient-centered care in varied health care settings.
- Health Information Exchange updates that bring together health records and support services
- Education initiatives focused on patient-centered care that incorporate technology in health care settings and/or higher-education
- Best clinical practices incorporating informatics in the delivery of patient-centered care
- Product design and development for patient-centered care
- Project management initiatives focused on patient-centered care
- Analysis of systems related to effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of patient-centered care
- Strategies used in the maintenance and evaluation of systems used in practice
A student poster presentation competition will be sponsored and the best presentation will be awarded. Details of the poster competition are available here. To submit a presentation, please register here, or contact Susanna Schmer, RN, (email@example.com). Abstract/application submission deadline is November 01, 2012.
We invite NYS Nursing programs and vendors who would be interested in co-sponsoring the first student nursing informatics conference in New York on December 19, 2012. For more information on becoming a sponsor, contact Anthony Ferrante (Anthony.Ferrante@CDILLC.com).
Molloy College, Hayes Auditorium
1000 Hempstead Avenue
Rockville Centre, NY 11571
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|