Keith Womer, director of La Follia, says of the upcoming season:|
I am particularly excited about this upcoming La Follia season. It offersmore diversity and more programming innovation than any I can recall.
- In August, enjoying Mozart and Haydn performed on the types of instruments they used
- In October, traveling back to the exotic era of the viol consort and alsohearing Bach's 6th Brandenburg Concerto
- In December, celebrating the 10th anniversary of KMFA’s "Ancient Voices"live with Sara Hessel, featuring sackbuts, cornettos, and fagotto
- In January, enjoying the third installment of "Herd of Harpsichords"including a newly composed work for 4 harpsichords and strings by AsakoHirabayashi
- In February, in time for Valentine's Day, delighting in noble and naughtysongs of love with Ryland Angel and Meredith Ruduski
- In April, closing out with Bach’s rarely performed masterpiece "TheMusical Offering"
And it gets better! Within each concert, we have taken special care topresent you with an inspiring experience that – quite simply – you will notfind elsewhere. Sure, you have heard Mozart and Haydn, but have you heard itperformed on instruments like the ones they actually used? Have you everheard a cornetto or a sackbut? What about multiple harpsichord concertos? Join us this season, and all these treasures will be yours!
Some things won’t change. Our artistic standards will remain high and ourtalent the best. We were delighted to have one of our concerts listed by theAustin Chronicle as one of the top 10 musical treasures of 2011. Several of our performers are Austin Critics Table award winners or nominees.International stars like counter-tenor Ryland Angel join us. Our dedication to offering you an entertaining, enlightening, and most of all inspirational experience will be the same as always. It’s a Texas guarantee!
Our venue this year for all concerts will be First Presbyterian Church on 8001 Mesa drive. It offers good acoustics, ample and comfortable seating, full ADA accessibility, and safe, well-lit, convenient parking.
Concerts will be 8pm on Saturdays, and 3pm on Sundays, with the exception of theconcert in December, which will be only on December 1 at 8pm.
Come enjoy the show. And please, please bring your friends and share thejoy.
First Presbyterian Church (View)
8001 Mesa Drive
Austin, TX 78759
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|