Quartermaster Tour by Charleston Pirate Tours
Author, historian, Charleston native, and pirate extraordinaire, Michael Coker, leads our Quartermaster Tour in the afternoons. Like company owner, Eric Lavender, Michael avidly researches Charleston's history looking for those interesting details that turn a tour into much more than just a recital of dry facts.
The tour begins in one of Charleston's oldest buildings, the National Historic Landmark Powder Magazine. In authentic, period, pirate attire, Michael brings Charleston's Golden Age of Piracy to life with stories of Blackbeard's siege of the city, the capture and execution of Stede Bonnet and other pirates, the romance between Calico Jack and Anne Bonny, and much more! Did you know that Blackbeard was born in the Charleston area and that Anne Bonny grew up on a nearby plantation?
This 2-hour walking tour will take you down the cobblestone streets and alleys of the original walled city where pirates plundered, partied, and perished.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 participants.
- Children under 17 must be accompanied by adult.
- Military, Senior (65+), and Children discounts may not be combined with other discounts. Military ticket-holders may be asked to present ID at the time of check-in.
- Tours run rain or shine. Should hazardous weather force the cancellation of a tour, you may reschedule your tour (based on availability). If you cannot reschedule, we will refund your purchase.
- We do appreciate a phone number and/or email address where we can contact you on the day of the tour in the event of a cancellation.
- This is a walking tour, so please dress accordingly. During warm weather, we suggest you bring water.
- Children are welcomed! Tickets for children under 4 are free, but they still need a ticket, so please make sure you include free tickets for the young ones on your order.
- The tour route is in public areas over which we have no control. Charleston Pirate Tours is not responsible and cannot be held liable for behavior of the public, other tour patrons, or any accidents during the tour.
Tours begin in the Powder Magazine Museum (View)
79 Cumberland St.
Charleston, SC 29401
|Minimum Age: 1|
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|