Fortnight Film Contest
The Fortnight Film Contest is presented by the Capital City Film Festival, which takes place April 12-15th, 2012. You and your li'l buddies will have 2 weeks to make the best friggin' movie in the world, and win mad cash & high fives in the process.
Deadline: March 23rd at 6 pm
Fee: $100. Includes two full 2012 Capital City Film Festival passes good for all films and concerts(value: $50 each). That's right, do the math. We love our sponsors too!
Rules and Other Stuff-
* Contest begins March 23rd at 6:15 pm and final edited entries are due by April 6th at 6:15 pm. Contest will begin and end at the Lansing Public Media Center, which is located at 2500 S. Washington Ave Lansing, MI 48910. Teams must have at least one representative present at the contest kickoff on March 23rd.
* Contest is open to all Michigan residents. The entire team does NOT have to be made up of Michigan peeps as long as at least one of the following key creative positions are Michigan residents: Writer, Director, Cinematographer, or Editor.
* Entries must be shot and edited in Michigan during the contest Fortnight. That means you must shoot and edit your film only between the dates of March 23rd and April 6th.
* To ensure compliance with the above rule, there will be required elements(i.e. prop, general location, dialogue phrase, etc) that will be announced at the kickoff of the contest. Films MUST include those elements, or they will be disqualified. Genre will not be one of the required elements. We will do our best to make the required elements be as nonconstraining as possible, while still discouraging cheating.
* Entries must have a maximum total running time of 10 minutes including credits. Minimum total running time is 31.4 seconds.
* All music used must be royalty-free, licensed by participants, or an original work by participants.
* Any film that fails to comply with these rules and requirements will be disqualified from the competition.
* Any film that is not submitted by the deadline will be disqualified from the competition. NO EXCEPTIONS.
* Entries must be delivered in person on April 6th in Quicktime H.264 1920x1080 .mov format. Teams can bring their films on a thumb drive, hard drive, data DVD or any other media, but entries MUST be playable on a Macintosh computer at the time of submission.
Judging and Prizes-
Entries will be judged by a panel of professionals and film lovers.
The top 15 entries as determined by the judges will be screened as part of the Capital City Film Festival, which takes place April 12-15.
1st Place: $1,500
2nd Place: $1,000
3rd Place: $500
Bonus Audience Choice Award: $500
(Audience Choice Award will be determined by decibel meter. Bring your fans.)
More prizes: TBA
Registration on brownpapertickets.com will close at 4pm on March 23rd, but you can still bring cash or money order to the contest kickoff. Registration will be cut off on site at 6pm sharp with ZERO exceptions.
Lansing Public Media Center (View)
2500 S. Washington Ave.
Lansing, MI 48910
|Minimum Age: 1|
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|