Tin Can Caravan: Okla - Home'a Will Rogers & Big Blue Whales
Wed. Sept. 19
This ticket provides detailed travel itinerary along Rte. 66, inclusion in the Tin Can Caravan and priority admission for one person to the evening's event.
The musicians on this segment of the trip include Fred Eaglesmith Band, Roger Marin, Gordie Tentrees, Bill Poss, Tif Ginn, Audrey Auld and Jon Langford.
The TIN CAN CARAVAN is an eighteen-day road trip down Historic Route 66, led by the master road warrior himself, Fred Eaglesmith. And where Fred leads, we follow. Fred and his band in their bus... and a motley crew of vans, campers, bikes and cars following, over the twists, turns and history of America's most legendary highway. Come for the whole tour, a week-long stretch, or just a day or two. It's all up to you. At least one show daily -public or private- in every state traversed by Route 66.
Pick up a day ticket here - it gets you a complete itinerary of the day's journey (, admission to the show that night, advice about where to camp and an entree to the late-night hang out at the campsite.
You might choose to start the day with a tour of Miami, OK's gorgeous 1920's sixteen-hundred seat Coleman Theatre, followed by a stop at Afton, Oklahoma's Packard Automobile Museum and restored DX gas station, and then a cruise by Ed Galloways' Totem Pole Park, which boasts the world's tallest concrete totem pole. Pass through Vinita, OK, home to the world's largest 'Calf Fry' Festival every fall, before visiting the Will Rogers Memorial ("I never met a man I didn't like") in Claremore. Outside of Tulsa, view the enigmatic Blue Whale of Catoosa, arriving in Tulsa proper in late afternoon. That evening we have an all-acoustic pickin' party at the Holiday Inn City Center Ballroom, hosted by Miss Audrey Auld. Bring your guitar!
Come be a part of it.
If you have purchased a Tin Can Caravan Day Ticket, you are traveling in your own vehicle (a "Tin Can"). This day ticket entitles you to the following:
- The day's itinerary with route directions and venue addresses.
- Access to the Travelling Steam Show Caravan with Bill Poss as Trail Boss. He will be your point of contact for any situations that might arise. His cell number is 512-203-4619. You can choose to travel with Bill's group or strike out on your own Bill will not be taking attendance each day.
- Admission for one person to the evening's music event.
- Details and contact information for the evening's camping location (does not include reservation or camping fees). Please note: neither Bill nor Roots On The Rails are arranging any camping or hotel accommodations for Tin Canner Day Ticket holders. You are responsible for setting up your own accommodations along the route, based on your preferences.
- Roots On the Rails is not arranging Tin Canner admission to any of the attractions along the route unless specifically noted in the day's itinerary. Again, this is to allow you maximum flexibility to set your own itinerary. Because of the size of the bus group, there may be tours, attractions, restaurants and other stops that will not be accessible to Tin Canners during the same time period when the bus is scheduled to be there. We will make note of these restrictions on the daily schedule.
Roots On The Rails is not responsible for responding to any vehicle breakdowns, accidents or other travel snafus along the way. Please make sure that your vehicles are in good working order, that you sign up for road service programs if you feel you will need them and that your vehicle insurance is current. If you choose to drink while on the tour, you are responsible for having a designated driver. Drinking and driving, or driving while impaired, is illegal.
Full details about the Tin Can Caravan are available by going to rootsontherails.com and clicking on the "2012 Trips" tab and scrolling down to "Tin Can Caravan" or by clicking: <http://www.rootsontherails.com/2012-trips-route-66-tin-can-caravan>
There is a Facebook group for Roots on the Rails trips: <http://www.facebook.com/groups/rootsrails/>.
Miami to Tulsa, OK (View)
Disclosed After Ticket Purchase
Tulsa, OK 74119