Movember is the annual, world-wide charity movement dedicated to changing the face of men's health - all through the power of the moustache.
Come watch the show as all of The PIT Movember Team defeat Cancer live on stage.
Movember LIVE Beneficiaries:
Prostate Cancer Foundation
Movember's primary campaign objective is to raise awareness around men's health issues, specifically cancers affecting men. We want everyone to know that most cancers are highly curable if caught in the early stages- including prostate and testicular cancer. Movember aims to increase early detection, diagnosis and effective treatment, as this will ultimately reduce the number of deaths from cancer.
It's time men face some startling health facts:
- In 2011, more than 240,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer
- In 2011, more than 33,000 men will die from prostate cancer
- One new prostate cancer case occurs every 2.2 minutes
- A man dies from prostate cancer every 15.6 minutes
- Prostate cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer in men
- The incidence rates are significantly higher in African American men
- Prostate cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death in men
- 97% of prostate cancer cases occur in men age 50 and older
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed
- 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime, 1 in 3 women will be.
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
- 48% of testicular cancer cases occur in men between the ages of 20 and 34.
- 1 in 271 men will be diagnosed with testicular cancer during their lifetime.
- Men commit suicide four times as often as women.
- An estimated 8.7 million adult men over the age of 20 in the US have diabetes- and a third do not know it.
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in American males between the ages of 15 and 34.
- Approximately 50 million men and women in the US have high blood pressure- almost 30 per cent of them do not know it.
The Peoples Improv Theater
123 East 24th Street
New York, NY 10010
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|