Musicians And Machines: Techniques For Melding Digital And Acoustic Instruments
Dan Freeman (C0m1x) of Brooklyn's Comandante Zero will demonstrate techniques for fusing acoustic and digital instruments for live performance. Since 2006, bass/drum duo Comandante Zero has used Ableton Live to create a set that strives for the feel of live instruments with a modern electro sound. This workshop will be particularly aimed at live performers and bands who are looking for creative ways to integrate laptops into their sets. Dan is also an Ableton Live Certified Trainer who specializes in using Ableton in live performance situation and an instructor at Dubspot in NYC. No prior experience necessary.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
1. Creating an electro-acoustic drum kit using triggers, samples and Live.
2. Techniques for laptop vocal processing: Building vocoders and other effects
3. Keeping bands and laptops in synch
4. Tips on creating an Ableton session for live performance
5. Pedals and other MIDI controllers
6. Controlling Lights with Ableton Live
Death By Audio (View)
49 S. 2nd St. near Wythe Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11211