History of Wall Street
Join us for this walking tour to learn about the history of the Wall Street Stock Market and see Ground Zero, as well.
On this tour, you will:
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the largest, most watched financial exchange in the world.
- Learn how a group of businessmen working under a Buttonwood tree grew to become the most-watched and important component of the US and global economy!
- Discover the origins of Wall Street when shipping and rail companies ruled the day.
- See where robber barons and financial icons like J.P. Morgan, Andrew Carnegie and John D. Rockefeller made history.
- Find out about the development of the Dow Jones Index and the Wall Street Journal.
You will see:
- The New York Stock Exchange
- Trinity Church
- the grave of Alexander Hamilton
- the Wall Street Bull
- The Federal Reserve
- Ground Zero
- and many other important sites
Outside on the sidewalk at 55 Wall Street. Meet at the historical marker. (View)
55 Wall Street
New York, NY 10025
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|