Charleston Pirate Tours
Use the tour guide A&E, ETV, & Lifetime use!
"The Pirate Tour was the highlight of our entire trip to SC...You always know you are on the right tour, when other tours stop to look at yours!" The Mason Family
In authentic costume & accompanied by Capt. Bob, the parrot, Eric Lavender brings Charleston's Golden Age of Piracy to life with stories of Blackbeard's siege of the city, the capture and execution of Stede Bonnet and other pirates, the romance between Calico Jack and Anne Bonny, the headless pirate ghost, who guards a buried treasure in the heart of the historic district, and much more! Your piratical pilgrimage begins in one of Charleston's oldest buildings, and during the tour, you'll learn about some the city's most historical buildings and events, as well as pirates.
"We had several tours of Charleston and I must say ERIC IS THE BEST TOUR GUIDE IN TOWN!!!!! We learned more about the city and pirates than we could have ever dreamed and had fun doing it. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!"
5 STARS! "What an awesome tour. Highly recommended and definitely a must if you are going to be in Charleston." The Baker Family
5 STARS! "We would highly recommend this tour - learned so much about the history of Charleston in a fun and new perspective." Hernandez-Rice Family
In addition to numerous network television appearances, Eric Lavender has appeared at museums, events, and schools across the southeast.
We are proud to include in the tour - at no additional charge - the Powder Magazine, a National Historic Landmark, and the oldest public building in the state. It dates back to the original walled city of Charles Towne.
Private and group tours are available.
This is a 2-hour walking tour with a limit of 20 people. The tour sometimes runs a little over 2 hours, because we pace the walk based on the group. We also take the time to answer questions.
Children under 17 must be accompanied by adult.
Military, Senior (65+), and Children discounts may not be combined with other discounts. Military ticket-holders may be asked to present ID at the time of check-in.
- Tours run rain or shine. Should hazardous weather force the cancellation of a tour, you may reschedule your tour (based on availability). If you cannot reschedule, we will refund your purchase.
- We do appreciate a phone number and/or email address where we can contact you on the day of the tour in the event of a cancellation.
- Tickets are non-refundable, but you may reschedule (based on availability) with 24 hours notice.
- This is a walking tour, so please dress accordingly. During warm weather, we suggest you bring water.
- Children are more than welcome! Tickets for children under 4 are free, but they still need a ticket, so please make sure you include free tickets for the young ones on your order.
- The health & well-being of Captain Bob are priorities for us, so please understand that we cannot guarantee his appearance on every tour. Bob does not tour if the temperature is below 60. Also, we do not force Bob to tour. As with animals in other animal interaction programs (think SeaWorld and Discovery Cove), at times, Bob just does not want to participate. Please keep this in mind, as we do not offer refunds if Captain Bob cannot participate in your scheduled tour.
- The tour route is in public areas over which we have no control. Charleston Pirate Tours is not responsible and cannot be held liable for behavior of the public, other tour patrons, or any accidents during the tour.
Tours begin in the Powder Magazine Museum (View)
79 Cumberland St.
Charleston, SC 29401
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|