Rhys Thomas: Science Circus
- The New York Times
Since 1987, audiences on three continents have applauded
Rhys Thomas's hilarious "Science Circus".
Charmingly charismatic, absurdly versatile, and
intelligently witty, Rhys combines the fast-paced world of
stand-up comedy with the dextrous feats of the circus to
create performances that have proven infallible in a wide
variety of venues
For over 15 years, juggleMania has been a favorite of
theater and festival stages across North America and as far
away as Japan and Denmark. JuggleMania's credits include
serving as a Smithsonian Artist in Residence, appearing in
an NBC Disney movie, setting his head on fire on Real TV,
representing the U.S. at the World Cup Street Performers'
Invitational in Japan ('99 and '03), command performances
for the International Jugglers Association and European
Juggler Association 2003 conventions, appearances in over
15 U.S. states, etc., blah blah, and so on.
- The bowl spinning trick that "killed Ed Sullivan",
- A barefoot ascent up the ladder of swords,
- "Kitchenary juggling" with glass plates and malt cups,
- A 9' tall rose puppet named "Wilt,"
- Chinese acrobatics on tiny chairs,
- Russian ladder balancing,
- Japanese box manipulations,
- And the most difficult feat of all: juggling on a
unicycle on a slack rope (just to prove he doesn't have an
Arcata, CA 95521
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|