High School Choice: Calm and Clear
This two hour talk will prepare you for the HS Fair and tours. The DOE has many good programs and publications, but this talk is from the point of view of a parent who has been there and understands what you need to know and why.
* I describe the process quickly and clearly without the deadly powerpoint used elsewhere.
* I give you a practical strategy to organize and manage the search.
* I help you understand how to interpret the data that is available.
* I give you resources to streamline your search.
* I address the students' questions and concerns.
* I ratchet down the hysteria.
* I focus on what you need to know and when from a parent's point of view.
* I give you a little advice on what the high school choice means for the college search.
This talk is a good way to engage your middle school student in the process.
I cover schools that would be a possible commute for students living in Brooklyn or Manhattan. Including Brooklyn high schools, Manhattan high schools and Queens high schools
Hootenanny Art House
426-428 15th St. at 8th Ave. (Park Slope)
Brooklyn, NY 11215
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|