Black Nativity Atlanta
Black Nativity is an African-American telling of the Nativity story, written by acclaimed African-American poet and playwright Langston Hughes and adapted by Robert John Connor. This one act musical opens in a modern day African-American church on Christmas day, filled with testifying deacons, sanctified ladies, and down-home preaching. Under the musical direction of Keith Wilson the show takes us on a journey back to the Bethlehem of Mary and Joseph, resplendent in African costumes, and moving songs of worship, magnificent dance choreographed by Dawn Axam and old-fashioned spirituals. The African-American viewpoint and the gospel music make Black Nativity a truly unique and entertaining theatrical experience.
NOTE:ONLINE PURCHASES END 1 1/2 HOURS PRIOR TO SHOWTIMES. CONTACT THE BOX OFFICE @ 404-613-9025 TO CHECK ON FURTHER TICKET AVAILABILITY. BOX OFFICE WILL OPEN 90 MINUTES PRIOR TO EACH SHOW.
** ADDITIONAL INFORMATION **
-Ticket prices are subject to change for any performance based on demand
- The show is approximately 1HR and 30Min; no intermission.
- Group tickets apply to adult tickets only. You must purchase a minimum of 10 adult tickets to be eligible for the group rate. Combined ticket prices must include a minimum of 10 adult tickets to qualify for the group rate.
-Dominion Entertainment Group reserves the right to reassign comp tickets that are not claimed within 15 minutes after start of show.
- Senior pricing available for ages 65 and older.
- Student pricing available for ages 13-17.
- Child pricing available for ages 12 and under.
- Per Southwest Arts Center policy, patrons who arrive after the show starts may forfeit their original seats, and will be seated in the rear of the theatre to avoid disruption of other guests.
- Tickets are not refundable; exchanges are based on seat availability and are handled by Brownpapertickets.com.
Southwest Arts Center PerformanceTheater (View)
915 New Hope Rd. SW
Atlanta, GA 30331
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|