ADA Seminar at Francis Ford Coppola Winery and event center
Please join us for a tour and AIA CES program at Francis Ford Coppola Winery in Geyserville. This program is designed to fulfill your California Architectural Board's ADA requirements whether you need 2.5 hours or the full 5 hours before you renew your CAB license in January. This program will also fulfill your SD/HSW requirements for your AIA membership for 2010. If you have met AIA CES requirements this year, it will roll over for 2011. Space is limited to 50.
Please forward this email to all Northern California Architects who might be needing this ADA program.
Review of the Accessibly Challenges, Issues and Requirements in a Hospitality / Retail / Tourism Destination Environment.
Date: Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Optional VIP Wine tasting reception after program back at winery.)
ADA Units: 5
AIA SD/HSW Units: 5
9:00-9:30 a.m. Check in at Geyserville Inn.
9:30 – 12:00 [Morning Session 2.5 Hours] Meet at Geyserville Inn for virtual tour, code review and references used to address ADA challenges encountered during the remodel of the FFC winery. Morning session will include site accessibility, parking, signage, sanitary accessibility, and exterior site grade separations.
12-1:00 Lunch at Geyserville Inn for all day session attendees only.
1:00-3:30 Afternoon Session: Interior review: Bathrooms, bar and restaurant accommodations, interior grade separations, how does ADA affect the design and décor components of the project. Travel to Francis Ford Coppola Winery for tour of facility with various project managers (Architect, Site and Civil Engineering.) Review project team related and their roles in the process. (2.5 Hours)
3:30 – 5:00 VIP Wine Tasting and reception at second floor VIP wine bar. Please pay for wine tasting reception when registering.
1. Participants of the program will be introduced to the myriad of locations and ways in which the accessible public interfaces with the venue and will learn or be able to apply the various code sections of chapter 11B to each scenario.
2. Participants will introduced to large format accessible bathrooms which includes large path of travel to stall, accessible vanities, and semi-ambulatory stalls.
3. Participants will be able to identify various options available when designing different types of vertical grade separations including, elevators, stairs and ramps that would correctly address ADA Chapter 11B requirements.
4. Participants will view numerous parking/pedestrian/travel conditions and how their challenges were address by ADA Chapter 11B including passenger drop off zones, public parking, van accessibility, and pedestrian travel that crosses hazardous vehicle zones.
5. Challenge to grading contractor on site and how it was addressed
6. Challenge to Design of project for Architect and how it was addressed
7. Challenge to Construction for builder and how it was addressed
Architect: Tom Taylor, AIA Taylor Lombardo Architects
Builder: David Nickelson – Grassi Construction Napa
Francis Ford Coppola - Site/Project Manager – Mike Brown
Summit Engineering Project Manager - Demae Rubins
Earthwork Manager – Dennis Kirwan – Geodynamics
AIA Members from any AIA Chapter:
$25.00 for 2.5 Hours (choose either morning or afternoon session)
$50.00 for 5 Hour Full Day Program
$50.00 for 2.5 Hours (choose either morning or afternoon session)
$75.00 for 5 Hour Full Day Program
VIP Wine Reception only 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
$5.00 to AIA Members
$15.00 to Non-Members
Francis Ford Coppola Winery
300 Souverain Road
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|