Candlelight Tours - Evening Living History
ONLINE TICKET SALES HAVE ENDED. TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE ALL DAY AT THE FORT AND AT THE GATE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. SPACE IS MORE LIKELY TO BE AVAILABLE AFTER 7:15 PM.
There's little to no news from the war, but there is hope for tomorrow! Dreams, hopes, goals & plans drive the scenes at the 2010 Sutter's Fort Candlelight Tours.
Here are a few things you should be aware of before you attend the program.
1) The program consists of a series of scenarios both in the rooms and courtyards of the Fort. You will be present as a ghost from the future. The programs participants cannot see or hear you. Essentially, you will be eavesdropping on an evening's conversations and doings from November 1846. The program's language is rated PG-13 and may be a bit spicy for young ears.
2) The event will take place regardless of weather. We will be there rain or moon-shine. Please come prepared if there is rain, a hooded coat or hat is friendlier to your fellow guests. Please note that the rooms at the Fort are small and umbrellas can take up a lot of space.
3) Each tour lasts approximately 1 1/2 hours, with each scenario running about 5 minutes. Listen for your guide's signal to move to the next stop. Please stay with your group! The Fort grounds are very dark and for safety it is important that groups stay together. Restrooms are available before or after your tour as there are no stops during the program.
4) Most of the Fort is on level ground, but please watch your step when entering the rooms as the thresholds can be tripping hazards and some doorways are low. Your guide will be carrying a lantern and will point out other hazards if present.
5) At the end of the tour refreshments will be served in the Distillery Building. A period-style tin cup will be provided with your beverage and is our gift to you as our thank you for joining us for the evening.
6) Your tickets are non-refundable or transferable. Please check-in at the Main Gate of the Fort (located on L Street) no later than 5 minutes before your scheduled tour time. If you are not present, your spot will be filled by guests from a waiting list. Please be on time as each tour is limited in size and cannot accommodate additional guests.
7) Your ticket entitles you to free admission during the daytime Living History program on Saturday, November 20, 2010 from 10 AM to 5 PM. Why not spend the day and talk to our Living History folks, and return in the evening for your Candlelight Tour?
8) This program benefits The Friends of Sutter's Fort, a 501(c)(3) which supports the historic programming at Sutter's Fort State Historic Park.
Sutter's Fort State Historic Park
2701 "L" Street
Sacramento, CA 95816
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|