Selinski (workshop): Jung's Red Book - Artist, Mandalas and Active Imagination Revealed"
Jung's monumental text will be examined along with his new psychological vision as it applied to personal individuation and clinical use. In particular, the mandala and active imagination will be explored. The second part of the workshop is experiential, giving participants the opportunity to experience what Jung himself did in drawing, engaging in active imagination, dialoguing and circumambulating around drawn images. Participants will be taught a number of ways to interpret mandala drawings which can be applied both personally and clinically.
Jane Selinske, Ed.D., LCSW, NCPsyA-LP, BC-MT, is a licensed Jungian Analyst, a practitioner of Mandala Assessment, and a Board Certified Music Therapist. She is currently a faculty and board member of the C.G. Jung Foundation, the C.G. Jung Institute of New York, where she is the Director of Training, and on the faculty of the Institute for Expressive Analysis in New York. Dr. Selinske was a docent at the Rubin Museum of Art during the first exhibition of the Red Book, a participant in the Red Book Dialogues and a presenter at the RMA film discussion series. She is a frequent lecturer and workshop facilitator and practices in Montclair, NJ and New York City, NY.
1. To identify the artistic influences, life experiences and psychological components that contributed to the development of C.G.Jung's Red Book.
2. To present C.G. Jung's new psychological vision and its clinical application.
3. To compare the mandala-like images in Jung's Red Book with Tibetan Buddhist and Indian mandalas.
4. To apply the Jungian theory of projection and active imagination to folios selected
from the Red Book.
5. To draw a personal mandala and engage in active imagination, dialogue and circumambulation.
6. To teach a number of interpretative techniques for mandala drawings.
7. To model group and mandala drawing techniques that can be transferred to clients.
Pre-registration for workshops is encouraged.
This program has been approved for 8 CEUs by the Washington Chapter National Association of Social Workers (NASW) for Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists and Licensed Mental Health Counselors. Provider number is #1975-157. The cost to receive a certificate is as follows: 8 units for lecture and workshop $15; 2.0 units for the Friday lecture $10; 6 units for the Saturday workshop $10.
Trinity Parish Hall
609 8th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98104
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|