The Art of Directing with Patrick Kriwanek!
This 3-hour lecture on Directing will focus on prioritizing the crucial elements of a film, and on the thought processes and workflow patterns of the successful directors of low-budget feature films and shorts.
The class will focus on how the director manages his/her time, resources, personnel, and vision during the creation of a film.
Some of the crucial aspects covered will be:
- Story and script development: working with the producer and the writer in the development of the story and the script
- The use of improv in script development
- Preproduction: meeting with the director of photography, art director, the post production editorial and effects teams.
- Casting for precision impact
- Managing a crew
- How does a director previsualize a shoot, and what are the 3 levels of previsualization in the production process?
- How to to get the best possible performance out of an actor!!
Patrick Kriwanek is the Dean of The Berkeley Digital Film Institute, where he has taught directing for many years. He has also produced and directed 2 pilots for Fox and has produced and directed 57 ÂÂ music videos for MTV, BET, NHK, and MTV2.
Thursday, March 25th
Stage Werx Theatre, 533 Sutter Street
Members Price: $30 (Members, check your Scary Cow email for discount code)
Non-Member Price: $50
Stage Werx Theatre
San Francisco, CA 94109
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|