|Saturday Mar 09, 2013 8:30 PM - Saturday Mar 09, 2013 11:00 PM | $22.00
03/09, Sat 8:30 ~ WILLY AMROD Band with Franky Gadler (formerly of NRBQ) ~ $20 +$2 processing
WILLY AMROD Band:
At age 15, Willy Amrod's band, Brand X, was one of the first signings by Seymour Stein to Sire Records. Other Seymour Stein signings include the B52's, The Talking Heads, The Pretenders and Madonna. Willy played bass for Steve Ferguson (NRBQ's original guitarist) and with Rick Danko, and he opened many shows throughout the Northeast for Levon Helm, The J Giles Band, Roomful of Blues, The Band and NRBQ. His best known album, the timeless Children Of The Earth, features The JB Horns.
In 2010, Willy collaborated with funk legend Fred Wesley on his European CD, Some Help from Friends, which led to Willy's long awaited European debut. Most recently, Willy and Paul Amrod, Fred Wesley and Swamp Bat Sheehan wrote and recorded the latest Amrod Band release, Everywhere Is Outta Town, produced by Gary Burke with more JB Horn performances. Their sound has been compared to everything from Johnny Cash to James Brown; and country blues to funky soul.
More about Willy Amrod (w/audio & video)
* We do not reserve specific tables except for TCC members, when possible (see membership benefits).
* Tables closest to the stage are held for dinner guests.
* The earlier you arrive, the greater the selection. The Towne Crier Cafe is an intimate room, and there are no bad seats.
* "Show Only" tables are assigned after those reserved for "Dinner & Show" parties.
* Recommended time for an enjoyable, relaxed dining experience:
Party of 2: One hour before show time
Party of 3 or 4: Two hours before show time
Party of 5 or more: At least two and one half hours before show time.
* $2 handling & processing charge per ticket.
* All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
If you have any special needs (wheelchair accessibility) or requests (sit w/Smith party), please contact us using the field below.
Towne Crier Cafe (View)
130 Route 22
Pawling, NY 12564
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|